It is the aspiration of the Ewings Cancer Foundation of Canada to provide hope for those who are - and those who will be - affected by Ewing sarcoma. We are committed to funding Ewing sarcoma research in order to find new and better treatments, and ultimately the cure for this form of cancer.
- The mission of The of The Ewings Cancer Foundation of Canada is to fund Ewing Sarcoma research, raise awareness, educate.
- To provide research grants to establish testing for early detection of Ewing sarcoma.
- To fund research to enable scientists to unlock the genetic basis of Ewing sarcoma.
- To expand the pool of medical researchers working in the field of Ewing sarcoma by funding Ewing sarcoma research.
- To promote and assist Ewing sarcoma researchers by acting as a liaison between patients, researchers and oncologists.
- To eliminate pain, suffering and death due to Ewing sarcoma by finding more effective treatment options which will ultimately lead to the cure.
- The Ewings Cancer Foundation of Canada was founded by a mom who made a promise to her dying son that someone would do something about the lack of knowledge and tools to save the lives of Ewing sarcoma sufferers. In 2008 she did just that and put together a team of dedicated volunteers who annually raise the necessary dollars and encourage others to fund study grants into Ewing-specific research for the first time in Canada. The Ewings Cancer Foundation of Canada is committed to unlocking the mysteries of Ewing sarcoma which will ultimately lead to the cure.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
DIRECTORSTINA PERNICA | President
CAROLYN BINGHAM | Vice President
BERNIE PERNICA | Treasurer
CAROLYN BINGHAM | Appointed Secretary
DANA WOOD | Director, Western Development
GAIL HODGE | Director, Eastern Development
Scientific Advisory Board
ABHA GUPTA, MD MSc FRCP(C)
Hospital for Sick Children, Princess Margaret Hospital
DAVID MALKIN, MD, FRCPC, FAAP
Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto
Professor, Department of Pediatrics
Director, Cancer Genetics Program,
Division of Haematology/Oncology
Adam Shlien, PhD
Associate Director, Translational Genetics, DPLM
Scientist, Genetics and Genome Biology
The Hospital for Sick Children
DR.JEFFREY J. BERNHOLTZ, MD
Dr. Stephen Fleming, PH.D., C. Psych.
JENNIFER BREATON, RN., MHSc
CONSULTANTRENATA OSIKA | Strategic Planning Advisor
BT-Breakfast Television/Weather Specialist